Oversharing Online



 Over the last three years, many jobs had to switch from in-person to fully online. In order to make companies be able to negotiate and communicate with people around the world, they had to adapt to different pieces of technology, for example, by starting to use Zoom. Social networking sites allow people to connect to people from all around the world. This saves us and companies time and money, while still allowing people to partake in social conversation. However, there is a greater possibility that people could become too adaptable to social networks than in-person interactions. For example, my brother would spend more time with his online friends than his friends that are in school. When Covid-19 pandemic had started, the school that I was attending had started going all online and I was unable to partake in all extracurricular activities and well as graduation. Then when I started college, all of my classes were online with zoom, rather than in person, this allowed me to connect with people around the world. Although, I started connecting more to online sources rather then in-person. During the pandemic, I had also started using my Instagram account after not being logged on for one year  The benefits that I started seeing is that I was able to see what my past classmates were up to. Although, since I have not been on this social network for a while, I was not comfortable with talking to them over text. Social networking had both partaken in my social aspects, with me either wanting or not wanting to talk to someone over text. I was more comfortable talking with current classmates than my past classmates, which I find very interesting. In the link below, I had provided a website that discusses the different positives and negatives that go into networking sites. 

https://futureofworking.com/10-advantages-and-disadvantages-of-social-networking/

Twitter is one of the most popular social networking sites, that is known for allowing people to express their thoughts and opinions, while being able to easily comment to people. From my experience, I had seen my friends and family members express their thoughts on certain topics, that may seem sensitive. For example, their thoughts about former President Trump being banned on different social networking websites. With Twitter allowing many topics to be displayed on their website, it allows people to be able to display ideas, which can allow them with mental health. However, I had personally not seen networking sites bring in more positive aspects than negative. For example, news stations are more likely discuss everything that is negative rather than positive, since it is more interesting and grabs more attention. I am glad that I have able to express my thoughts , however, I do not believe that mental health is a priority when it comes to social networking.


Comments

Popular Posts