Discussion - Online Communication, Business Assessment

Photo Credit: https://canalwalk.co.za/shop/hm-ladies-fashion-home#/profile?location=hm-ladies-fashion-home



The business that I had decided to research about was H&M, since I had currently had a issue that I needed to address with the company. When starting this assignment, I had placed an order for a birthday present for my brother and had not received any updates or the present in a really long time. I was worried about the package, since according to H&M website and app, the present was in the same town for about a week and had not changed locations. This led me to believe that the package was stolen and I had immediately looked onto their website and app for more information. When doing this, I had found that the company did create a proper and easy to function social media platforms, since I had no issue looking for a customer service phone number. Since I was looking through their website anyway, I had also found out that they also give out student discounts if you sign up with their program. After finding the customer service number, I was able to get in contact with the company and they had sent out an updated email with a new delivery date (which turned out to be the next day with a discount for fifteen percent off with my next purchase). 


When looking at the company website, you are able to see (at the top) the type of clothing that they sale (men, women, children) as well as items that are on sell. In the middle of the page you are able to see pictures of new products that they are selling or going to sell in the future. Lastly, at the bottom of the page, their are multiple links that allows you to speak with customer service as well as becoming a member for their store. I think that the main reason for this layout is since a lot of businesses already have this familiar layout and if they decided to change it, I think a lot of customers would get confused and lost. I think this layout is effective, since it is not too confusing and if a customer has any questions, they will more than likely be able to find the customer service option fairly quickly. 



I can see H&M being clearly communicative online since they give out a statement on their website that describes what H&M is and what their company stands for. They also have a link that shows what type of "press" they had been associated with. This allows others to see that they care about what people think about their company as well as wanting their customers to find out about all of this information in the easiest way possible (on their website). In the link below, I had attached their website as well as the link that shows what "press" that they had been associated with recently. 

One of the ways that the company can improve their online communication is to update their customers (using email) for the packages that they order online or over the phone. As a customer, I was glad that I was able to solve my issue quickly, however, I was worried since I did not know the proper date that I was going to be able to get my package. Even though, I had ordered something online before (from a different company) and they had canceled my order entirely without letting me know. I am glad that H&M did not cancel my order and assisted in giving out solutions for my problem. For the way that H&M had helped me, I will be ordering from them in the future. 


H&M "Press" Website: https://about.hm.com/

Comments

Popular Posts